13.10.09

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

My my, what a crazy few months it's been! Since the last post I made I have moved into a lovely new house with some lovely new people (and some beautiful familiar people too) and have spent a great deal of time making my room just right. It isn't quite there yet but it is certainly on its way, and I am enjoying every little second of decorating!

University has also started again so I've been jumping straight back in to all its wonders and pitfalls, beginning to feel quite nervous about it being my third and final year but also extremely excited at the (as of yet) unplanned route my life is going to take once graduation rolls around.

I say unplanned.. the truth is there are just so many ideas and dreams and ambitions floating around my mind at the moment, I just want to do them all. However without some kind of time machine and unlimited energy (and also bank funds) I fear that not all of them will be possible. This is
not going to stop me from trying though.. there is traveling and driving and making art and creating an art space and meeting friends and loving a lover and cooking beautiful food and building a beautiful nest and getting a puppy (or 3) and having little children of my own and and and and and...

I'm only one, quite quiet.. quite short person but I'll be damned if I don't try and spend the rest of my life doing these things.

Returning to the topic of university (I do apologise, I am so very quickly won over by tangents.. they encourage me to follow them off into the realms of rambling and.. well, yes. so you see) over the summer I had collected a small multitude of ideas and directions to push my work in for this final year but after thinking them through, starting (and dismissing) several different ideas I have almost come full circle and have decided to continue work that I have begun to explore previously. Subconsciously there are particular types of images that I return to again and again without really realising it.. so now, for the beginning section of the final year of my degree I have thought to myself 'sod it, I'm not going to make what I think tutors and examiners and people with strict mouths and unfriendly eyes want to see, I am going to make pretty pictures that
I would like to see. And present them in delicate little books that speak about quiet solitude and nostalgic times with friends and that little period of time between waking and asleep when dreams are still real and sunlight feels like magic.'

I think that's a pretty good philosophy to take me through my final year.



Also, my favourite holiday is just around the corner! And it also coincides with B's birthday, so an excuse for an extremely spooky, over the top Hallowe'en/22nd Party! I'm extremely excited, any opportunity to cover myself in sticky goo and cut up clothing is good with me! .. sounds like a normal weekend in all honesty. I'm going to have to get my illustration hat on and do some greetings cards, so much to do and so little time!

On this note, I think it's time for me to get on with some work..

Love and Kisses xx

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not going to make what I think tutors and examiners and people with strict mouths and unfriendly eyes want to see"

    YES! I also really like this quote :) I look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete