23.7.09

Hello there!

Welcome to the small but lovingly created blog that belongs to me, Jessie James.

I am currently a 21 year old photography student, about to embark on her third and final year to achieve a honors degree in photography. Using this as a starting point I am hoping to continue on to a masters degree studying design, where I can hopefully firmly plant myself on the bottom rung of the design ladder. We shall see.

"We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams."
~Willy Wonka

I enjoy most things a 21 year old British girl enjoys, as you would imagine. I enjoy good art, good food and good people. Good conversation and interesting ideas. I love crazy nights out and lazy mornings sleeping in; the colours of the night and the still of the morning. I try to make the most out of my days and I keep a notepad and pencil under my pillow to make the most of the rest. I am dearly, dearly fond of the little things. The little amazing things that are so often overlooked and infinite in their beauty. I like the old mixed with the new. The antique mixed with the contemporary.. juxtaposition of textures and shapes and colours. I am a 1950s house wife at heart with a little bit of futuristic robot thrown in for good measure. Don't ask me how it works, but hot damn am I enjoying it.

In this blog you'll find a bunch of stuff that I find the need to write about.. these posts may take the forms of my paintings, photography, illustrations, and other little crafty creations. I'm also going to make this blog a collection
of images, pieces of text or ideas that I find inspirational, like a little digital scrapbook. Also occupying these metaphorical pages will be opinions, ramblings, and general observations of my day to day life.

I can't promise it'll be terribly exciting and I can't promise it will be updated on a regular basis, but I promise I will try my best.


always, sometimes, never

I always
+ spend too much money on pretty things
+ fancy a really good burger
+ love thunder and lightning storms
+ go overboard when wrapping presents
+ love to snuggle
+ want one more tattoo

I sometimes
+ wonder who I would be if I hadn't chosen art over marine biology
+ just want to give up everything, buy a little hut and live on a hill overlooking the sea
+ wish I could sing
+ let the dishes pile up for no good reason
+ forget to enjoy the moment

I never
+ want to have regrets
+ choose shellfish
+ want to stop creating things
+ drink beer, yuck
+ want to be any thinner than I am now


My name is Jessie James, welcome to my blog.

2 comments:

  1. i must say i quite enjoyed that! haha
    furistic robot house wife for the win!
    also a wonka quote! genius!
    can't wait to be your new housemate, were going to rock mildmay street for sure!
    loveyoubyex

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i totally messed up my 'futuristic' then!
    that's better
    must type slower

    ReplyDelete